16:16

Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Raw 'Nakd' Bars

 If you are a frequent reader of my blog, or follow me on instagram, then you will already be aware of the number of allergies that I live with. Along with these, I try to limit my refined sugar intake as much as possible. However, this can really limit food options, especially when you want more of a 'treat'. Having discovered Nakd bars fairly soon after my wheat allergy diagnosis I became a woman obsessed. As nice as these raw, gluten free and refined sugar free treats are, they come with a pretty hefty price tag and the pennies soon add up if you are frequently purchasing them. Because of this, and having noticed that a number of the bars contain very few ingredients I was inspired to try and make my own, combining my two favourite flavours 'Cashew Cookie' and 'Cocoa Crunch' to make my own 'Cocoa Cookie' flavour.

Ingredients (makes approximately 14 bars):
250g pitted dates
165g cashews
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
40g gluten free soya crispies (can be substituted for rice crispies)
20g 90% or more dark chocolate

Method:
1. Use a food processor or Nutribullet to blend the cashews into powder form (depending on how smooth or rough you want the texture of your bars you can leave these as slightly larger chunks)
2. Add the dates to the processor and blend together
3. Add the crispies and cocoa powder and blend once more
4. Press your mixture into a baking tray or into a loaf tin and press down hard to compress the mixture into the corners. This is a sticky process but the stickiness of the dates is what holds your bars together so don't worry if this seems a bit messy!
5. Melt your dark chocolate and drizzle or spread over the top of your baking tray mixture.
6. Place in the fridge for 5 hours, or freezer for 1 hour to let the bars set
7. Cut and serve :)
(These are best kept refrigerated and will last for around a week after making!)

Each of these bars is gluten free, refined sugar free, raw and super easy to make! Leave your comments below and let me know if you've tried making these yourself and what you think!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Bless you Amy! It must really suck having allergies that limit your food options. Just looking at the ingredients of the bars has me salivating! *stomach rumbles*

    Lima

    www.fashionicide.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it can get frustrating! aww let me know if you give them a try xx

      Delete
  2. I have recently been on the lookout for some recipes for something that I can eat when I am not able to cook for a while but am starving. Have recently not made the best food choices due to being busy. :( And I do try at the moment to live a bit healthier and make sure these curves stay healthy :)
    Those do sound yummy and fairly affordable. I might soon be making these for those emergency moments on busy days. ;) Although I might make a few changes, but that is the beauty in making bars like this, you can be creative. If I end up making them I will be sharing the result on my blog in the #healthycurves section that I am starting up.
    Thank you for sharing this recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww good luck with trying to be a bit healthier! Do make sure you let me know if you give them a try xx

      Delete

© Amy Elizabeth | Manchester Heath and Lifestyle Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig